Business text message marketing is increasingly becoming an important part of the overall marketing strategy, as this medium apparently yields better results than emails and social media. Though you might be apprehensive if you are new to the concept or if you’ve only heard little about it, this article will explain to you clearly what business text message marketing is and how it can help your business.
Business Text Message Marketing
Business Text Message Marketing is the use of text messages to promote your business. This can be done through an automated system that sends out pre-written texts at predetermined intervals, or it can be done manually with the help of an SMS-optimized website.
It is a powerful way to reach your target audience and increase sales because it is more personal than other forms of marketing. The business text message marketing market is growing rapidly as more people switch to smartphones and other mobile devices.
What is an SMS marketing strategy?
An SMS marketing strategy refers to how you use this technology to communicate with clients and prospects. This allows you to send marketing messages to your subscribers via text message, which can be sent at any time of day and from anywhere.
What are the types of SMS marketing?
There are different types of SMS marketing, including:
- Transaction notifications: Sent when someone has made a purchase from your company or website and needs some information about their order or shipment status.
- News alerts and updates: These alerts can include information about weather conditions in your area, school closings due to inclement weather, and breaking news stories from trusted sources.
- Promotional Texts: Sent to promote a product or service, as well as to provide valuable information about the company.
- Surveys: Used to survey customers about their satisfaction with a product or service. They can also be used for market research or to gather feedback about a certain product or service.
- Flash Sales: Sent when you have a limited-time offer on a product or service.
SMS Short Codes for Marketing
The biggest reason why businesses should use business text message marketing is that people are always on their phones—even if they’re not necessarily looking at them. This means that they’re more likely to read a text message than an email or a social media post. In fact, on average, people check their mobile phones 58 times per day. Learn more about SMS Short Codes for Marketing.
Best Practices for Business Text Message Marketing
Business text message marketing is an effective way to reach your customers, but only if you do it right. You should make sure you have permission before sending any texts, but here are some other best practices:
- Keep it brief
- Use proper grammar and spelling
- Every message should contain a link to your website
- Avoid sending too many messages at once
- Be Transparent
- Use appropriate language
Voice Ignite Managed Telecom Solution
Voice Ignite provides Telecom Services to help your business scale. Our managed service allows you to focus on growing your business while we take care of the details of your telecom requirements.
We can enable a standard business landline number and text enable it for you. This will allow you to send and receive SMS messages through the same number. You can also schedule SMS messages to be sent at specific times or even automate them with other systems.
Do you need help with business text message marketing? Schedule a discovery call with us today.